Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Father's Love

Sunday, January 8, 2012 (8:49 a.m.)

Most Dear and Blessed Father God,

I love You. Thank You for being a Father who dearly loves His children. I’m not even sure what that actually entails, but I believe that You do.

(9:43 a.m.)

Almost an hour of searching “The Father’s Love” results with a faint “aha” and a contented “Mm”.

After much reading, it’s 2 Thessalonians 2:16,17 and 3:5 that speak reassuringly to me. “May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting comfort and hope, which we don’t deserve, comfort your hearts with all comfort, and help you in every good thing you say and do.” That’s a Father’s love for sure!

“May the Lord bring you into an ever deeper understanding of the love of God and of the patience that comes from Christ.” Yes, please!

Father God, it IS in You I trust! There are far more things I don’t know and understand than those that I do. How I ask that You would continue showing and teaching me the things You want me to hold true.

You are so good to love and forgive us in ways that we don’t deserve. With all the whining, doubting, questioning, hiding and seeking I’ve been doing lately, it’s the seeking I ask You to guide me in most.

There’s a maturity I believe You are pulling me towards. I don’t seem to be eagerly following Your lead on my own accord. Continue Your plan for me regardless of all the things I, at one time or another, thought were true. It is absolutely apparent that You Dearest Father truly DO Know Best.

I love You. I thank You. I ask You to lead me and to guide me and to hold me in the very palm of Your hand. It is Your love I need, I want and for which I am asking. Thank You Dearest Father, for a love I can’t even begin to comprehend. I love You. Amen.

(339 words ~ 10:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment