Wednesday, January 4, 2012

adoration

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 (8:42 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead, CA

(9:22 a.m.)

I’ve spent forty minutes trying to get started here. I think. I wonder. I stop. Then search. I know I want to come adore You. I’ve even begun singing Oh come let us adore Him But I also know that thinking and singing about it is NOT the same as doing it!


Help me here Lord Jesus,

I’ve turned to John 4:23-24 in The Message. In doing so Receive our adoration keeps singing itself deep within me. “It’s who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That’s the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before Him in their worship” (v. 23).

Blessed Lord Jesus, I want to resemble that statement! “God is sheer being itself – Spirit. Those who worship Him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their selves, in adoration” (24).

Other translations present this as “true worshippers, who will worship the Father in spirit and truth.” I long to be a true worshipper, Dearest Jesus. Not someone that comes before you out of tradition or compulsion, but one who truly desires the water You spoke of in verse 14. That water which “becomes a perpetual spring within them [people], watering them forever with eternal life.”

Purest Jesus, it’s from the book of John that so many of my thoughts pinball [bounce] around this morning. Reading “eternal life”, I immediately associate it to “life in all its fullness” (John 10:10b).

Lord Jesus, I remember being told long ago that eternal life is not just referring to life after our time on earth is over, but from the time we accept You as our Lord and Savior. We are to be living this life, here and now, abundantly.

John 10:9-10 in the New King James Version quotes You as saying, “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” I assume that it is through YOUR Spirit and Truth that we have access to this “life in all its fullness”, I just keep thinking I’m doing something wrong in not being able to maintain a life that reflects Your abundance.

Help me here Lord Jesus, to truly come back to the heart of worship where I fully and completely sing out We bow our hearts, we lift our hands We turn our eyes to You again And we surrender to the Truth that all we need is found in You Receive our adoration, Jesus, Lamb of God Receive our adoration How wonderful You are

It is seeking adoration for You that I came before You this morning. Leaving here, I want to encourage those around me as the shepherds did all those years ago when they said, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened” (Luke 2:15) and the Magi when they arrived in Jerusalem asking for the newborn King of the Jews. “…for we have seen His star in far-off eastern lands and have come to worship Him” (Matthew 2:2).

Oh come let us adore Him indeed! Thank You Jesus. I love You. Amen.

(570 words ~ 10:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment