Friday, January 6, 2012

rambling

Friday, January 6, 2012 (12:13 p.m.)

Incredibly Awesome God,

Hi. I’m not okay so I’m just going to ramble until some Truth or another rings itself out at me.

First off let me thank You. Thank You that You are good. You are true. You are faithful.

And not too much rambling later, here I am singing my heart out to you through the words and melody of Marvin Gaye from so many years ago…

You’re all I need to get by. Like a sweet morning dew, I took one look at You And it was plain to see You were my destiny. With arms open wide, I threw away my pride. I’ll sacrifice for You, dedicate my life to You. I will go where You lead, always there in time of need. And when I lose my will You’ll be there to push me up the hill

It’s so true Dearest Jesus. You ARE always here! Thank You. Too easily I lose sight of the joy and peace and strength that is found in You. And You alone!

(1:16 p.m.)

Blessed Jesus, one more time I truly am amazed by the power and strength I find in You. One minute I’m confessing to You that I am not feeling okay. The next, I am in and out of the shower, doing laundry and walking in place for exercise. All because of a little rambling and a whole lot of singing the Truth of all You are. You ARE all I need to get by!

I don’t know what tomorrow (or even the very next moment!) holds, but I do know that You hold it! Thank You Jesus. Thank You that in You I DO find “faith, hope and love” (1Corinthians 13:13).

And would You just look at this? Verses twelve and thirteen from 1Corinthians 13 in The Message are speaking to me as never before. “We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing Him directly just as He knows us. But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.”

All this brought about because I remembered that TRULY You’re all I need to get by

Lord Jesus, thank You for the privilege of coming before You with a rambling ‘heart, soul, mind and strength’ (Mark 12:30). Thank You that You would take that tiniest bit of obedience to You and Your Word and turn it into the truest desire to love You with ALL of them!

Thank You that You love me so incredibly much! Because of that very love You have for me I get to say back to You wholeheartedly “I love You, Jesus!” Thank You. Amen.

(496 words ~ 1:37 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment