Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christ as Head

Sunday, November 28, 2010 (6:37 a.m.)

Most Blessed Lord God,

How I thank You Lord. Thank You for order and structure and accomplished tasks. Thank You for experience and examples. Thank You for teamwork. Especially with You as our leader. Mm. Lord. You as the Head of our household! How perfect. How wonderful. FINALLY! The truth of Ephesians is noticeably playing out here in our home.

Wow God. I can’t even think of all there is I want to thank You for. Let me instead read and then quote Paul’s words to his dear Christian friends at Ephesus. “Blessings and peace be yours” (Chapter 1:2) “God chose us to be His very own-” (v.4) “-we who stand before Him covered with His love.”

Oh most holy God, there’s far too much truth and love here for me to even try to condense it. Every single verse speaks to Your “wonderful kindness to us” (v.6). It’s all here Lord. The way You would have us live. The blessings that are to be found when we turn from the death and destruction of our old life without You to that which You have always planned for us. New life through Jesus Christ.

Oh most dear and blessed Lord, how I thank You for sparking us to life! Turning these pages I keep nodding and uttering, “Yes! Thank You. Praise You.” Paul wrote of the greatness of Your love. “When I think of the wisdom and scope of His plan, I fall down on my knees and pray to the Father of all the great family of God – some of them already in heaven and some down here on earth – that out of His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you the mighty inner strengthening of His Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you trust in Him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love; and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God’s children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high His love really is; and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great you will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God Himself” (3:17-19).

And see? Every single time I think ‘Yes, this is what I want to say to You’ there truly is more! Verse 20, “Now glory be to God, who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of – infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts or hopes.” You amaze me Lord.

Each time I actually find myself walking in the power of Your loving grace I am amazed. I look around and take note. I want to be ever aware of becoming “equipped to do better work” for You (4:12). “Then we will no longer be like children, forever changing our minds about what we believe because someone has told us something different or has cleverly lied to us and made the lie sound like the truth. Instead, we will lovingly follow the truth at all times – speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly – and so become more and more in every way like Christ who is the Head of His body, the Church. Under His direction, the whole body is fitted together perfectly, and each part in its own special way helps the other parts, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love” (vs. 14-16).

How could I possibly ask for any more than that? Lord Jesus, be the head of this family. This household. This community. This nation. This universe. Christ as Head and we Your body. Mm. Life as it was meant to be. Thank You Lord for working in us in such an incredibly powerful way. Please dearest Lord, keep us mindful and obedient to Your will and to Your way this day, as well as all those that remain. We love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(704 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment