Monday, November 29, 2010

♫Sing Hallelujah♫

Monday, November 29, 2010 (6:10 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

How I thank You! I’ve been making mistakes lately. Some are bigger than others. But You know what’s really cool? Just as I was waking up and beginning to think about them, I immediately started singing Sing Hallelujah to the Lord instead. Each time my mind begins to replay the concerns of wishing things had been done differently for better results, another verse comes to mind. Sing hallelujah, sing hallelujah, sing hallelujah to the Lord And then I smile!

Thank You Lord. Thank You that even now as I was going to focus on searching for ‘mistakes’ in Your Word, I found myself looking up ‘sing hallelujah’ instead. And this smile of peace and contentment comes directly from the truth of Psalm 33. “Let all the joys of the godly well up in praise to the Lord, for it is right to praise Him” (v.1).

Looking to learn more about the word hallelujah I see that it is a transliteration of a Hebrew word meaning “Praise God”. Again I thank You Lord that instead of waking up to think of the mistakes I’ve been making, I was immediately directed to praise You instead.

Sing Hallelujah to the Lord… Mm. Sing hallelujah indeed! Reading a commentary note regarding this psalm You are described as 'powerful and worthy of our trust. You spoke the universe into existence and are able to re-create each of us. You are filled with tender love for all of us. You can remove the defects that bring destruction. And all You ask is that we turn our life over to You so You can work these changes in us.'

Excuse me Lord as I go now and continue singing hallelujah to You. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.

(296 words ~ 7:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment