Monday, November 15, 2010

thoughts

Monday, November 15, 2010 (7:57 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

It’s been over an hour that I’ve been sitting here trying to get started with You. There’s a phrase from a song singing to me again and I cannot find it anywhere. I concede defeat and just come unto You readily acknowledging that Your thoughts are indeed higher than mine!

Thank You Lord that several hours ago, in the predawn morning, I was extremely aware of my own thoughts. What peace and rest it gave me to just accept the truth of Your Word and go back to sleep. I was actually preparing to do battle with my own thinking when I calmly remembered bits of Your promise to the people of Judah. Isaiah 55:8-9, “This plan of mine is not what you would work out, neither are my thoughts the same as yours! For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than yours, and my thoughts than yours.”

Lord God, I trust that! Today I trust YOU! Thank You for this honor. This privilege. This opportunity to just come before You untroubled, fully trusting and believing that all You say is true. I can fuss and worry any situation. OR I can relax and at the oddest moment [like in church Saturday night J] realize that without even being aware of a date or state of mind I can find myself ‘fuzzing’ the ribbon of my journal between my thumb and forefinger much like my mom used to tell me that I would ‘fuzz’ the ribbon on my teddy bear when I was very small.

Lord, everywhere I turn this morning I am finding reminders of Your love for me. There’s the calendar my mom bought me one year for some occasion, “God’s Promises to Laura”. Thank You God that she even signed it “Your loving Mother”. You keep gifting me Lord. Take for example today’s reminder of Your love and precious promises. “Dear Laura, ‘Never forget My words… do not depart from My wisdom for it will protect you and watch over you. My wisdom and understanding will honor you and present you with a crown of splendor.’ Your Heavenly Father PSALM 4:5-9”

I choose to believe You Lord! Today I choose to rest in You. Trust in You. Lean into You and ask that You would do the things in and through me that I have not yet been able to do for myself. Guide and direct all of my heart and soul and mind and strength this day so that I will ultimately love You with all of them (Mark 12:30) and my neighbor as myself (v. 31).

Thank You Lord that Your thoughts are NOT the same as mine! Thank You that they are so much higher than mine! I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(478 words ~ 10:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment