Saturday, November 27, 2010

learning


Saturday, November 27, 2010 (7:13 a.m.)
Blessed Lord,
Thank You! I’m learning. And I love it. [As well as You!] I keep smiling big so far since being out here with You. It’s been almost a week that I’ve been trying to figure out how the lyrics to a Beach Boys song could possibly relate to You. Looking them up just now again affirms that You will cease at nothing to bring a parable to life.
I forget the exact words Pastor Ed uses to explain the meaning of the two words that make up the Greek word parabole. Strong’s Greek Dictionary says, “from paraballo; a similitude (‘parable’), i.e. (symbolic) fictitious narrative (of common life conveying a moral), apothegm or adage – comparison, figure, parable, proverb.”
I have to admit Dearest Lord, this is the very first time I’ve ever linked Your provision of me to that of a motor bike. But You know what? Not all that many years ago I DID come across a story about You and me on a tandem bike. http://www.inspirationalarchive.com/texts/topics/God/tandum.shtml
Being with You on a Little Honda isn’t that big of a stretch after all. Just look at the words! I can fit You in from the very first one. GO! [You tell Your people that all the time J] I’m gonna wake you up early [You do that often!] Cause I’m gonna take a ride with you [You never leave us alone] We’re going down to the Honda shop [clearly a parable here!] I’ll tell you what we’re gonna do [You always have a plan for good] Put on a ragged sweatshirt [we don’t always have to dress our best for You] I’ll take you anywhere you want me to [as long as it’s Your best for us] First gear… it’s alright Second gear… I lean right Third gear… hang on tight Faster it’s alright
Lord, I don’t know why I let the idea of being on a motorbike with You seem disrespectful. Is spending time with You supposed to be more fun than a barrel of monkeys? ‘Cause I KNOW I can trust You to ride on out of town to any place You know I like I’m learning Lord. You ALWAYS have my best interest at heart!
It climbs the hills like a Matchless [or the deer mentioned in 2Samuel 22:34, Psalm 18:33, Habakkuk 3:19] Cause my Honda’s built really tight [You designed all of us to perfection] When I go into the turns Lean with me and hang on tight I better turn on the lights So we can ride my Honda tonight [Blessed Lord, You cover all the bases!] First gear… Faster it’s alright
Perfect Blessed God, thank You that I really truly AM learning to trust You with ALL parts of life! You are so good. So holy. And just so darned much fun! Thank You Lord. I love You. Let’s GO! J Amen.
(487 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment