Wednesday, November 10, 2010

forgiveness

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 (6:11 a.m.)

Awesome God,

How I thank You Lord. Thank You for forgiveness. Thank You that You do not keep a record of sins (Psalm 130:3). Thank You that You forgive “so that we can, with reverence, serve You” (v. 4b). If not for Your forgiveness of each and every single one of our mistakes we would truly be lost.

Thank You Lord that You are such a loving God and Father. Thank You that it is Your plan that we would live our lives to the fullest (John 10:10). Far too often we get lost, like the one sheep who wanders off in Your parable (Matthew 18:10-14). Thank You Lord that You come looking for us every single time.

This morning Lord, my heart is alternating between breaking and soaring. Every single time I think of the feelings of others that inadvertently get hurt and ultimately locked away, there’s another chink at my heart. Reading in Your Word of the hope and joy that is found when we choose to let go of our pain and forgive others as well as ourselves, it becomes lighter and starts to lift up to You.

Dearest Lord, thank You for the choices You allow us. Choices that lead either to life or death (Deuteronomy 30:19). Lord You are so good. Thank You that You know what is best for us. You know what You would have us do. Thank You that You have given us Your Holy Word to comfort and to guide us through all the mishaps life on this earth has to offer.

We get to choose to believe You. Or not! Too often I forget that very thing. I get caught in the trappings of this life and don’t act on Your promises. Thank You that You never take away my opportunity to turn to and choose You.

Lord, I love You. I thank and very humbly ask that You would continue reminding me that while it is very true that there are many things I just can’t do on my own, “I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power” (Philippians 4:13 TLB). Sometimes that even translates to the power of forgiveness.

Lord, thank You that “I can do all this through Him who gives me strength” (NIV). I’m not in this alone. You are right here with me. Offering me choices. How I ask that You would keep guiding me to choose those things that bring life and blessing. Such as forgiveness! Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(439 words ~ 7:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment