Wednesday, November 17, 2010

exactly

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 (6:34 a.m.)

Awesome, Glorious, Wonderful God,

Thank You! Thank You that this morning there is hope. There is joy. And peace. And acceptance. Thank You that just now upon awakening I realized that I was not judging myself. There were no immediate ‘should’s for me to attend to. Such as ‘should get up’. No Lord. This morning there has already been a lot of excitement for me. Eagerness. Joy.

Thank You Lord. In recognizing exactly that, I’m asking You to guide and direct my time here with You this morning. Take me in Your Word exactly where you want me.

(7:17 a.m.)

Yes Lord. Exactly! Bibles surround me and I am digging into them. Reading particularly the various translations of 2Corinthians 1:24. Here Paul wrote again to the people of Corinth explaining his reason for sending his first letter to them. He calls God as his witness (v. 23) that he is telling the truth in wanting to keep from being hard on them. He reminds that it is God who “makes it possible for you and us to stand firmly together with Christ. God is also who chose us and put His Spirit in our hearts to show that we belong to Him” (vs. 21-22).

“But that does not mean we want to tell you exactly how to put your faith into practice. We want to work together with you so you will be full of joy as you stand firm in your faith” (v. 24).

Stand firm in my faith? Ah, yes Lord! That is EXACTLY what I long to do! Faith, often meaning trust in God, is also translated from Hebrew as “Amen”. To rely on what is firm and dependable. You Lord are exactly that.

Work in and through me this day Dearest Lord that I can accomplish exactly what You have for me. Continue growing and strengthening me in and through Your Word. I love You so very much and I want to become exactly what it is You have for me to be. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen!

(350 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment