Thursday, November 18, 2010

November 18

Thursday, November 18, 2010 (5:13 a.m.)

Most Dear and Awesome God,

You are wonderful Lord. Before even opening my eyes just now I was keenly aware of the difference between thinking things beginning with ‘me, my, I’ and those that start with ‘You’. You are wonderful Lord! Powerful. Jesus is Your name. How very grateful I am for the privilege of coming before You this morning.

I confess to having my thoughts all over the place. Rather than sit here trying to force sense out of what I’m trying to think. I am going back to bed to see if we can start over. I love You Lord and will be back here soon.

(8:02 a.m.)

Blessed Lord, I am back. Much more rested. With a confession… I was startled when I saw the date spelled out earlier. And even now I don’t know how to proceed with You.

Thirty-eight years ago today I stood in a house of worship. Your house. At the tender age of eighteen I took vows to love, honor and obey a man that I didn’t respect. Lord, I have had a lot of things to say to a lot of people regarding that short-lived marriage. But I don’t know that You and I have ever really discussed it.

I don’t want to make any excuses. You know what happened. I took vows I had no business taking. Through the years I have honestly believed that it was Your Holy Spirit that tried to bring us to our senses that day we sat on a curb at the side of a road considering calling the whole thing off. I absolutely know that it was the pride and potential embarrassment of canceling a wedding to which the announcements had already been sent out that got in the way of good common sense.

Lord God, how good and incredibly holy You are! Thank You Lord for Your love and forgiveness of my sins. Thank You that You not only allow me into Your presence, You invite me. Truly Lord, I do not have the words to thank You for Your powerful love and absolute forgiveness.

In recognizing once again that “it is against You and You only that I have sinned” (Psalm 51:4) I came upon this included sermon http://www.pbc.org/files/messages/7696/4595.html and I thank You Lord.

Thank You that You love each of us so very much. Thank You that it is Your love that provides the forgiveness that is “as far as the east is from the west” (Psalm 103:12). Thank You Lord for love so amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcSnYTjHmiY&feature=related

I can never even begin to thank You enough. I love You. Amen.

(446 words ~ 9:02 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment