Tuesday, November 23, 2010

♫Praise God♫

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 (7:26 a.m.)

Praise God

What an incredible way to wake up Dearest Lord! Literally singing Your praises! Thank You. Thank You that as I still lay stretching my very first inclination was to start singing. And the song that immediately came to mind? Praise God! Give thanks to the Father for all that you say and do. Well, amen, amen, Sing glory hallelujah! Christ the is risen [second verse is ‘coming’] for youAmen, amen, indeed!

Lord how blessed am I that I get to come right out here and find the exact song I am looking for WITH Bible verses to boot! Looking in the Psalty Bible for the song, I find it in relation to Colossians 3:16-17 under the title ‘Rules for Holy Living’.

Mm God. How blessed indeed! What an honor it is to come before You right now experiencing scriptural overload. Every single page I turn has pertinent verses jumping off the pages at me. Oh most Blessed Lord, thank You.

As I turn the pages on my way to Colossians I see my own writing in the margins of 1 Thessalonians 3, dated over four years ago. “Joy = delight in life that runs deeper than pain or pleasure”. Underlined words have other words next to them helping me understand their meaning just a little better. Strengthen – establish, make stable… blameless and holy – cleansed of sins… holy ones – saints. Mm Lord. Thank You.

Next to verse three, where Paul is telling the people of Thessalonica that Timothy had been sent to strengthen and encourage them in their faith so that no one would be unsettled by their trials, I have written “John 16:33”. Turning there, it has been encircled by me. Jesus was telling His disciples, “I have told you these things, so that in me you would have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” And all this before even getting to Colossians!

Lord, how I thank You for the bold exclamation point I made some time ago in the margin drawing my attention to the underscoring I’d done for truth of Colossians 2:6-7, “just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” Mm Lord. Yes! Thankfulness!

How I thank You Lord for Your Word. Thank You for drawing me to these particular pages. Thank You for even more underlined verses and penciled in words used for even more understanding. Verse 10, “you have been given fullness in Christ”. Next to verse 16 I wrote ‘guilt’. In chapter three, “set your hearts” (v. 1) is underlined as is “Set your minds”. Above verse five I have written “inner civil war”.

Across the page almost all of verses twelve through fifteen are noted, as well as the words “Choose the highest good for the other guy” written in. I wrote, “Always choose God!” next to verse 18. “Remove bitterness with forgiveness” between 19 and 20. And “Ambassador” is written down the side of verses 23 and 24.

Lord God, how I thank You for such a powerfully hope-filled time with You as this. So much to see [and do and remember! J]

I’ll close now with the verse that honestly started all this to begin with. “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” (Colossians 3:17)

Praise God! Give thanks to the Father for all that you say and do. Well, amen, amen, Sing glory hallelujah! Christ the is risen [second time sing ‘coming’] for you…Mm. Praise God indeed! Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen!

(639 words ~ 8:36 a.m.)

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! Give thanks to the father for all, that you say and do. Sing glory hallelujah! Christ the Lord is risen for you…(women sing this part well the guys sing the first part) Praise my Jesus, Praise his holy name Sing glory hallelujah! Christ the Lord is risen for you…

    ReplyDelete