Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 (4:48 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

It’s Election Day. The sun will soon be rising. Then the polls will open. Countless dollars have been spent campaigning. Hands were shaken. And mud slung.

I have no idea how much time has been spent by others in prayer about it. But right now Dearest Lord I am here with an earnest plea.

You appeared to Solomon after he dedicated Your temple all those years ago and told him, “… if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2Chronicles 7: 14) Most Dear and Precious Lord God, this is my prayer. Forgive our sins. Heal our land.

How I pray Dearest Lord, that Your people will seek to honor and glorify YOU this day. Guide and direct the outcome of this election. We are in dire need and desperate straits for people of integrity to be put into office.

This prayer to You is short today. Short, but fervent! James 5:16 tells us, “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”

I can’t attest to my own righteousness here Dearest Lord. But I come before You once again singing of Your Son’s! My hope is built on nothing less Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness

Oh most dear and blessed Lord, how I ask You to use the outcome of this election to heal our land! I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(281 words ~ 5:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment