Thursday, November 4, 2010

flooded

Thursday, November 4, 2010 (7:42 a.m.)

Glorious God,

You are awesome. Thank You for working in and through us around here. I ask that You would continue doing exactly that. Again I am asking for ‘the strength of Your mighty power’ to be within us (Ephesians 6:10).

This past half hour I have already been flooded with thoughts. I started out being excited once again by Psalm 100. Without realizing that to be the impetus of my singing, sure enough, here I was drawn to ‘bringing You a gift of laughter’ (verse 2, The Message). I must confess Lord, the freedom that floods over me at the thought of coming to You with a lame ‘knock, knock’ joke opens my heart up to pure joy! Here I am, flooded with freedom to truly enjoy Your company! Thank You. Look, there’s that ‘password’ the psalmist told us about in verse four.

I’m not sure which came first [I think You created the chicken before the egg J] but as my singing continued I recognized the verse from another translation. I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart I will enter His courts with praise I will say this is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice for He has made me glad He has made me glad He has made me glad I will rejoice for He has made me glad…

Everywhere I turn in Your Word this morning I am flooded with hope. Romans 8 speaks of “Life Through the Spirit”. This reminds me of my having thought just yesterday that I HAVE become ‘a brand new person inside! I am NOT the same anymore. A new life HAS begun!’ (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Lord all of this is real. It is true. It is happening. We are changing. By the strength of Your mighty power within us we are getting to experience first hand Paul’s blessing to the Romans (15:13). “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

Over in his letter to the Ephesians he again put out a call that You would strengthen the believers in their relationship with You and with each other. “I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future He has promised to those He called. I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance He has given to His people.” (1:18)

Lord, You are giving exactly that. Every time we turn around, we are seeing evidence of You working in and through us. How I thank You. How I praise You. How I rejoice for You have made us glad, glad, glad…Thank You Lord. We love You. Amen.

(474 words ~ 8:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment