Tuesday, November 23, 2010

enspirit

Monday, November 22, 2010 (2:15 p.m.)

Most Dear and Holy God,

How I thank You Lord! Thank You that as early as 6:23 this morning I recognized that I was feeling out of sorts. It was pretty much the very fickle ‘I don’t care’, ‘I don’t want to’ attitude You know I so often experience. It took another hour for me to realize that the feelings weren’t changing of their own accord. How cool it has been for me this particular day just to allow them.

Okay. Well maybe I have judged them a little harshly. Really just wishing they were different. You know, happier. More joyful. Less sad.

But the joy really DID come! On it’s own. Not forced by me. Subtly. Almost imperceptibly. One minute I was feeling rather down and the next I was humming. I thought the song was an odd choice. I couldn’t even track back its origin. It made no sense as far as I could tell.

Not until I started putting You in as the singer and me as the recipient. That’s when the smiles started for me. The all out grin came the moment I turned the Dayspring “A Fruit of Life” daily calendar. “Come near to God and He will come near to you …” (James 4:8)

Lord God, how very much I thank You for not only having my back, but every single fiber of my being! From the moment I read the word for the day this morning I started praying that You would do that for me. Enspirit – encourage and enliven. And You did!

I noticed it was You the moment I paid closer attention to the words of the song I was humming. Come and sit by My side if you love me Do not hasten to bid Me adieu But remember the Red River Valley And the Father who loves you so true Ah, Lord. NOBODY loves me like You! “Come near to God and He will come near to you…”

Enspirit – to infuse spirit or life into; enliven. And You did. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen!

(355 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment