Friday, November 5, 2010

Gasp!

Friday, November 5, 2010 (6:51 a.m.)

Most Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! It just keeps getting better out there! Having dark curtains in our room and trying something new with the clock, I had no idea what time it was when I first got up.

Coming down the hallway I still had no idea what time it was until I caught the first glimpse of Your glorious morning. The dark mountains outlined by an intense shade of pink against the brightest blue sky. No wonder I gasped! Just sitting and watching Your majesty unveil was phenomenal Lord. Another gift. A genuine, true gift from a most generous God. Thank You Lord.

(9:12 a.m.)

Lord, You never cease to amaze me! From the sheer joy of watching Your morning unfold, to the heartache I feel over a dear friend’s pain it is still to You I turn. And not just turn. No. Run! I RUN into Your holy presence, pleading that You would accompany her through this process.

Father God, how I thank You for Your plan. Your plan for good and not for evil, to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

When I initially gasped this morning at the beauty and wonder of the morning sky I didn’t expect to find ‘gasp’ in Your Word. What a surprise that was for me. I like when You surprise me Lord. It’s like Your mercies which are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23). You aren’t one to be taken for granted. There is no outguessing You!

Isaiah confronted the people of Judah with their sin and denial, inspiring them to rebuild their lives based on Your promises. Now THAT’S something worth gasping about! No matter what it is that we do, you never stop loving us. Gasp! Thank You!

Even in Your fury against Your disobedient people You follow up Your proclamation with a promise. “For a long time I have kept silent, I have been quiet and held myself back. But now, like a woman in childbirth, I cry out, I gasp and pant” (Isaiah 42:14). Verse 16, “I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.”

“Gasp!” There HAS to be an acronym for You in there somewhere Lord. Until I find it, I will just rest in the promise of Your goodness and Your grace. Thank You Lord for the privilege of loving You. And I do! Love you!

Be with Your people, dearest Lord. All of us who so desperately need the comfort of Your magnificent presence. We love You. Thank You. Amen.

(462 words ~ 9:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment