Tuesday, November 30, 2010

♫Be glorified...♫

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 (6:27 a.m.)

Blessed Lord God,

How I ask this morning that You would come and be glorified in my life. What a glorious thought to wake up to. Thank You Lord.

I tried everything I could in my own power yesterday to continue holding another cold at bay. Soup, plenty of liquids, extra vitamin C… Rather than looking at myself as a wuss, a failure, or a great big baby Lord, I am coming straight to You asking that You would indeed be glorified in this cold,

For the first time in quite a few weeks the husband and I have again turned our attentions to making healthier choices concerning food and exercise. I don’t want this little blip in the radar of our whole-hearted attempts to derail us with a ‘too little too late’ attitude. No Lord, I come before You longing to see You be glorified in all aspects of our beings. Sore throat, sniffles and all.

Most Dear and Holy God, this is a relatively new approach Lord. Usually I come before You in such a situation whining about the inconvenience. Today, instead, it’s a gift of grand proportions to be able to ask instead that You be glorified. Thank You Lord.

Reading the various verses that mention You being glorified encourage my heart. I even smiled in John 11:4 where You said of Lazarus, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.”

It was in Isaiah (49:3) that I started singing another song as well. Light of the world You stepped down into darkness Opened my eyes let me see Beauty that makes this heart adore You Hope of a life spent with You So here I am to worship Here I am to bow down Here I am to say that You’re my God Your altogether lovely Altogether worthy Altogether wonderful to me Lord how I thank You for another opportunity to sing of Your glory.

As I leave here to begin whatever You have for me this day how I ever so humbly ask that You would indeed be glorified in it. I love You so very much Dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(376 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment