Wednesday, March 31, 2010

rest

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 (5:30 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Good morning. Thanks for sleep. Thanks for rest. Thanks for Your love. Thanks for growth and support and hope and joy. Thanks for You Lord! Thanks for You.

Thank You for music Lord. Thank You for the music You bring to my soul. Music that brings a smile to my face and hope to my heart.

Lord, I confess I took another bypass through the internet just now. Is it avoidance Lord? Am I attempting to hide these past few days? People are going to give me a pass. Not too many are going to question any of my decisions of how I spend my time because of the whole mourning and grief process.

I don’t want to hide Lord. Not from You. Not from the grief. Not from all the work that is to be done. Thank You that I get to come before You with an honest and fearful heart. I am so afraid of making a mistake. Making someone mad. So then I do nothing. Paralyzed with fear.

Oh but You’re so much better than all my fear. I don’t have to try to push it all away. No! I get to bring it all to You! Why? Because You are my hiding place! You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance. Whenever I am afraid I will trust in You (Psalm 31:19, 20; 32:7).

Oh Dearest Lord. Thank You! Thank You for the song that I brought to You this morning. Love Lifted Me Much of this past week I’ve again replaced the first two words with God Gifted Me in response to Your tender care and provision.

In turning to that hymn in The Hymnal, You gave me two more. He Touched Me and Jesus, I Am Resting, Resting Following the attached Scripture (Hebrews 4:9) I read of Your promised rest for Your people.

Thank You Lord. You have always known what is best and what we need. I don’t have to figure it out. I don’t have to announce unrealistic expectations for myself. I get to rest (and hide) in You, as You continue growing me in and through Your Word and Your will for me.

I get to choose (Deuteronomy 30:19). I can be afraid (death) or I can choose life. Oh that I would choose life! In You, in Your Word, in Your will and Your way!

Yes. Thank You Lord! Thank You for rest, hope and for whatever hiding I feel I need to do, let it be done in YOU!

I love You, Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(436 words ~ 7:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment