Saturday, March 6, 2010

fellowship

Saturday, March 6, 2010 (6:14 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

Good morning. Thank You for LOTS of rest, dreams and fizzy drink packets. Thank You Lord that I get to come before You with the silliest of concerns (see yesterday’s entry) and every single aspect of any day.

Lord, I love that You love me so much that You came so we in turn could have fellowship with Our Father which art in heaven. These are truths that are far beyond my understanding. I accept and believe them because I want to. Help me learn to share and explain with others the love You have for each of us.

Dr. Luke describes this type of loving fellowship in his book of Acts. Lord, I ask You to speak to me clearly this morning as I take a look through Luke’s history of the acts of Your apostles.

Lord, I confess to basing my beliefs and actions through the years more on assumptions that I’ve made about You than on the clear reality of Your Living Word. Blessed Lord, I look to You asking to know more of what it truly means to have ‘the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all’ (2 Corinthians 13:14).

I know I get glimpses. I see evidences of Your goodness and Your grace all around me. I KNOW You are real! I trust. But I confess to You Lord, I also pretend. I often act as if I know what I’m talking about.

Lord, I turn to Acts 2:42 entitled, “The Fellowship of the Believers” and I know I want to live my life like that. “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.”

Keep guiding and directing me Lord. Continue the changes You are making in me every moment of every day. I love You so much and I truly look forward to all that You have for me to become.

Thank You Lord for all the luxuries You provide for me ~ including little fizzy drink packets! J

I love You. Amen.

(362 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment