Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gift

Monday, March 1, 2010 (7:ish a.m. CST)

Liberty Park Hilton Garden Inn #627

Birmingham, AL

Beloved God,

Thank You! Thank You for an incredible anniversary trip ~ spent with our children. Wow, God! What a gift! An absolutely genuine, precious gift. Thank You Lord.

Thank You for time to be together. Time to listen. Time to celebrate. Time to share. Oh Most Dear and Blessed God, thank You!

Thank You too (MORE) for the gift of Your Word. Turning in Deuteronomy (16:17) to where the people of Israel were told to give to You what they were able, according to the blessings given to them by You. I was stopped by several other verses as well, particularly four and five from chapter six.

“Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your strength.”

I know these words from Jesus having quoted them back to one of the teachers of religious law when asked, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” (Mark 12:28)

Lord, I am blessed that I get to read Your Word almost anytime I want. Taking the opportunity right now is yet another gift.

Teach me Lord. Show me how You would have me share such a gift as this with others. Lord I love You so very much and I am indeed incredibly grateful to the Gift You are to the world! Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(254 words ~ 8:02 a.m. CST)

No comments:

Post a Comment