Tuesday, March 9, 2010

provision

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 (6:55 a.m.)

Good Morning Lord,

Thank You. I like when the little light bulb goes on and I finally “get” something that’s going on around me that I hadn’t understood before.

You know that whole Word of God speak Would You pour down like rain Washing my eyes to see Your majesty Lord, I confess. Many times I feel as blind as a bat!

I like when I get those “Aha!” moments where thoughts and ideas are backed-up by Scripture. It’s at those times, when I wonder how I’m going to do something and Your Word really DOES pour down like rain Washing my eyes to see Your majesty that I truly marvel at Your love for us.

Let’s take what is going on inside me these past several… I was going to say days, but as I look at it more closely it’s not even weeks. Or months. Years. No. It’s decades! Again it comes back to the need of living vertically. Looking to YOU for the strength and power and courage to change ‘double standard’ existence.

Lord, I have lived the bulk of my lifetime attempting to make people happy and avoiding conflict at all costs. I know that that is not Your purpose for me. You have far greater things for me than the fear of rocking boats. This is NOT to say that I’m in any hurry to take on the antithesis (opposite) characteristics of this ingrown nature.

Ingrown. As in, toenail. Painful. Oh but God. You are full of such provision. You provide our every need. Way back in the days of Your people (the Israelites) wandering the desert those forty years (see Your Book of the Exodus) Your provision was pure perfection.

Lord, I look to You. I take my cue from You. And You provide. After a few tense days of misunderstanding around here, the air is clear. Holding on to Your Word that I am to respect my husband, You provided exactly the words and the tones to allow us to get past the stumbling blocks. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that in Exodus (16:32) You commanded Moses to give Your people these instructions, “Take two quarts of manna and keep it forever as a treasured memorial of the Lord’s provision. By doing this, later generations will be able to see the bread that the Lord provided in the wilderness when He brought you out of Egypt.”

The commentary I find to this story is that Your people ‘failed to believe that You would meet their needs. They lacked faith in Your power and still didn’t understand their privileges as Your people. But You faithfully provided for them anyway, and the people’s faith was given further reason to grow. The example of God’s gracious provision should encourage us to seek help during the wilderness periods of our own life.’

Mm. And You did exactly that for me just now Lord. Decades of wandering the wilderness of much of my own making I still get to experience the wonder of following You. Thank You Lord. Thank You for Your wondrous, generous provision of our every need.

I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(535 words ~ 10:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment