Thursday, March 18, 2010

glory

Thursday, March 18, 2010 (6:21 a.m.)

Most Amazing God of Glory,

You are so good! Thank You for every single thing You are providing each of us in getting us to this point of acceptance. What a genuine gift it is to be able to respond to loved one’s offers of condolences with stories of how You’re blessing us.

Lord, there are no words that I can find with which to thank You for the love and joy You give to us. I continue telling people that I don’t know what it’s going to be like when the reality of the past few days finally hits me. But what I ask You now is to always allow me the opportunity to readily recall how easily smiles have been coming to me.

What a glorious gift it is Lord when I again recognize You at work behind the scenes. You truly ARE the Master! I think of the various challenges we’ve been faced with these past few years and I glory at the thought of how You’ve seen us through each of them. Growing us ever stronger every step of the way.

Take just now for instance. Not being sure that ‘glory’ could be used here appropriately as a verb I looked it up and my face immediately broke into a huge grin. ‘Take pleasure in, revel in, rejoice in, delight in, relish, savor, get a kick out of’. Yep! I GLORY at the thought!

Lord, thank You for holding us and helping us. Thank You for growing us as well. As we each do the things today that will take us into doing all that we have to do tomorrow, Lord I ask that You would settle every single internal combustion that is sure to take place. Each of us has our own way of dealing with all of this. None of us is ‘right’ in our way of grieving. Neither is anyone ‘wrong’. Every single one of us has our own way of thinking about what has to be done and when.

I confess to losing track of our time frame AND to being fearful of the outcome. Thank You for ever reminding me of the truth of 2 Timothy 1:7, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”

You are so good. I love You so much. To You be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

(411 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment