Friday, March 5, 2010

instincts

Friday, March 5, 2010 (1:29 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

I confess. I’d rather be sleeping right now. And I think I would if I’d followed my instincts about buying more of the fizzy vitamin drink mix that has staved off colds for me in the past. I couldn’t decide if I should stick with what I know, or try something less expensive, so I bought nothing.

Rather than continuing to lay in bed wishing I’d bought something so the sore throat would go away, I’m here. Bringing this potential cold to You.

I confess Lord. This is a stretch for me. I feel unnaturally selfish. I don’t want to catch a cold. I allowed the price of an item to determine whether I would buy it and now I am regretting my indecision.

Teach me Lord. Help me learn to determine what is Your leading and not my own thinking. Reading Jude’s warning of the danger of false teachers in his letter to all believers everywhere, Lord I ask that You would equip me to ‘build up my life ever more strongly upon the foundation of our holy faith, learning to pray in the power and strength of the Holy Spirit’ (v. 20).

Oh most dear and blessed Lord, as my nose clears just a little and my throat feels a bit less scratchy, it’s to You I turn with the myriad of indecision I tend to debate within myself. Teach me Lord “to pray in the power and strength of the Holy Spirit” that I would be able to clearly distinguish between Your will and my own instincts.

I love You Lord. Thank You for this very early time together. May I have some more sleep now please? I love You. Amen.

(288 words ~ 2:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment