Wednesday, March 3, 2010

forgiveness

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 (6:17 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

You teach. I think I learn. There’s a challenge. I fall right back into old behaviors. Forgive me Lord.

I had a choice. I knew I it right when I made it. I chose distance, resentment, negative thoughts and grudge holding. Thank You Lord that even though I chose those, I didn’t have to stay there. I get to come before You confessing my bad choices and asking for forgiveness.

Thank You Lord for a wonderful, couldn’t have been better, anniversary trip. Thank You for the opportunity to share it with our kids. Thank You for time away together. Thank You for the blessings You so freely provided us.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 (6:46 a.m.)

Thank You even for my decision yesterday to behave badly. Pitching a fit, attempting to shut down feelings, all those things do not help when what I really need is obedience to Your will, Your way, Your Word.

Thank You Father that I get to keep making mistakes and coming back to You saying, “Thank You for that as well”.

Lord, I love You so much. I try way too hard to live my life in and through my own resolve. Thank You that You teach us that that is not Your best for us.

When confronted the other night with the choice to forgive or to resent, I chose badly. Most of yesterday I continued in that vein. Thank You Lord that even while there, I was uncomfortable and knew that it was not what I wanted. There again I kept looking at myself for the power to make the change.

Lord, thank You that You are so much greater, far more wonderful than the limit I continue placing on Your power. Thank You that in turning my eyes to You, looking full in Your wonderful face, the things of earth grow strangely dim in the light of Your glory and grace

Oh hallelujah Lord that Your call to forgiveness is so powerful! Take offense? And feel angry, resentful and mean. Forgive and be free!

Thank You Lord that Dr. Luke recorded Your command to offer unlimited forgiveness (17:4) to one another. Thank You that You spoke these words knowing the importance of a forgiving nature. Thank You for reminding me how impossible it is for me to just set my mind on becoming a person who forgives freely and regularly, without relying first on You to provide every single thing I require to actually become that person.

Help me walk closer to You, trusting and depending on You for every ounce of power I need to accomplish such a seemingly impossible feat as learning to actually be a person in whom forgiveness reigns supreme.

Lord, I love You so much. Thank You for Your perfect love that is built on Your constant and continual message of forgiveness. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(485 words ~ 7:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment