Thursday, April 1, 2010

no fooling

Thursday, April 1, 2010 (5:27 a.m.)

Sweet, Blessed Lord,

I don’t want to be a fool today. Remember? That’s what I did yesterday. Ranting, raving, fit pitching. Thank You Lord that even in the midst of all the bad language, stomping and “I hate” statements You were right there reminding me to “Be angry but do not sin” (Ephesians 4:26).

Oh Your goodness Lord! Oh, Your great and glorious goodness! Thank You for taking the pride out of the anger I was feeling. Thank You for helping me to recognize the immaturity with which I was approaching the frustration I was experiencing. Lord, You are incredible. Awesome. Powerful. Wonderful.

Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your glorious name You give and take away You give and take away My heart will choose to say Lord, blessed be Your name

Lord, I confess that right in the middle of all the emotion, my heart’s first response was NOT Blessed be Your name Oh but when push was finally coming to shove (figuratively, NOT literally) Your wonderful “Aha!” moment came to me. Thank You for reminding me Lord that Your Word has already spelled out for us how we are to ‘live as new people’, as “Children of the Light”. It’s all right here!

Dearest Blessed Lord, thank You that even while I was struggling with what I clearly knew were old patterns of behavior, You were here with me in the turmoil. You were not put-off by my rotten demeanor (which was, after all, pretty mean!). You did not leave me nor forsake me. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that I get to sit here with You this morning knowing that it is You that is working desperately hard in each of us to separate our fleshly selves from the higher calling You have for us all.

Lord, I love You so much. It is Your love that allows me to see the mistakes I make. It is Your love that covers them with Your forgiveness. Continue Your work in me Lord that I would truly become a work of whom You can be well pleased.

I love You. I thank You. I bless and praise You. Don’t let me be a fool again today, of all days! J I love You. Amen.

(395 words ~ 6:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment