Wednesday, March 3, 2010

experience

Saturday, February 27, 2010 (8:44 a.m. EST)

Airport Embassy Suites #415

Atlanta, GA

Most Beloved God ~

Thank You! Thank You for this husband that loves me so much. Thank You for the growth between us over these past three and a half plus decades. Thank You that because of the hands-on experience we’ve had with our love for one another, it has given us just the tiniest inkling of what it is to be loved by You. A love so great that we can’t even begin to understand it.

Take yesterday for instance Lord. We were traveling nicely about our business, with the direction our GPS had set for us. When seemingly for no reason, we were instructed to make a turn that we didn’t understand. We followed that road for a bit, all the while wondering what it was about. Agreeing that we should turn around and go back the way we were originally headed, once again I found myself in tears.

First of all, I was amazed at my much-loved husband’s positive attitude concerning what seemed to be a pointless detour. Then I was overcome with emotion as he gave YOU the credit for quite possibly having saved us from the fairly dramatic accident involving a tractor trailer slipping off its rear axel just moments before.

His reactions to ALL of this were without a doubt due to Your direct work in him. In us, through the years.

Now, as I turn in Hebrews (11:5) to read of Enoch’s not having had to experience death, I start off by reading verse one’s description of faith.

Reading just across the page of Terry’s Men of Integrity Promise Keepers Bible (given to him by our much-loved daughter) is Hebrews 10:24, “Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds.”

Oh most precious Lord God, I just want ALL of You in me! In my own strength and power, I have yet to develop a memorization technique that keeps these verses readily available for when I need access to them.

Turning just one page back I’m at the beginning of Hebrews chapter 10. Starting at verse 11 I read of being under the old covenant. Reading to verse 15 I find “the Holy Spirit also testifies this is so.” A quote from Jeremiah 31:33-34 picks up RIGHT where I was with You yesterday. “‘But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,’ says the Lord. ‘I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their family, saying ‘You should know the Lord.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will already know me,’ says the Lord. ‘And I will forgive their wickedness and will never again remember their sins.’”

Ah, most Dear and Holy God, what an incredibly wonderful God You are! The following section in Hebrews 10 (v.19) is “A Call to Persevere” another thing You have been teaching me lately ~ “Never Give Up!”

Thank You Lord! Thank You for teaching and guiding, loving and leading us, all the while making us into the people You want most for us to be.

We love You so much Dear Lord. Thank You. Amen

(573 words ~ 9:34 a.m. EST)

No comments:

Post a Comment