Friday, March 19, 2010

rest

Friday, March 19, 2010 (6:30 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You that as upset as I feel right now with those around me, You could help me smile with the simplicity of these three numbers. 630. Thank You Lord. I am looking to You right now for rest. It eluded me most of the early morning and now it’s much too late to try for any more.

So, I look to You. This family needs rest from the emotional (could it truly even be spiritual?) warfare that would keep me awake most of the dark time.

I confess. I’m tired. Almost everything I tap out to You reminds me of something else. Rest (in peace – WE need that!) Warfare - emotional AND spiritual; dark time - as in before the sun, but even that takes me to ‘before the Son’. And so I sit. Knowing that any minute SOMETHING is going to set me off again, and so very sadly the emotion of choice I have reverted to is anger.

Lord, I confess. I’m weary of the pettiness. Tiny, little, unresolved bits of hurtfulness that have been allowed to fester and grow into ugliness. This is NOT what I want for my family. You have provided FAR too much for each of us to be behaving so badly toward one another.

I love You Lord. I need You. I look to You. Asking, seeking, knocking, (Matthew 7:7) hoping, praying for a miracle. Your miracle of love. Love that casts out all fear. Your love that according to 1John 4:18 is ‘well-formed and banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life – fear of death, fear of judgment is one not fully formed in love.’

Lord, how I look to You asking, seeking, knocking, hoping, praying, trusting that You would form this love, YOUR love in each of us today. Allow us each to experience the love, YOUR love that will make today doable for each of us.

Laying a woman who is so loved to rest is NOT going to be easy for any of us. Let it be as peaceful and truly loving as possible. I love You Lord. I need You. I trust You. I depend on You.

You Yourself said “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28) That’s me Lord. I’m here for Your ‘yoke and Your teaching, for You are humble and gentle and You promise that we will find rest for our souls. For Your yoke fits perfectly, and the burden You give us is light’ (29-30).

I’m here. Sign me up for YOUR rest Lord! I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(452 words ~ 7:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment