Sunday, March 28, 2010

gift

Sunday, March 21, 2010 (7:45 a.m.)

Sapphire Princess Baja 435

En route to Puerto Vallarta, Mx.

Mm, God,

I’ve been saying it all week. “What a gift.” “It was such a blessing.” Gift. Blessing. Perfect words. Used interchangeably.

Thank You Lord that You would put us into such a position of experiencing the death of a much loved mother with such awe and seeming ease. I continue telling people that I don’t know what it’s going to be like for me when the reality of it all finally hits, but right now Lord I’m still thanking You for the genuine gift of these past few years.

I confess to You Lord, I’m not always calm in my reactions to things. I don’t readily embrace negativity. In fact, all truth be told, I tend to run from it ~ as quickly and as far away as possible.

You, Dear Lord, have enabled me to open my arms wide and welcome these most recent turns of events. A true gift. You provided me the gift of music, in the form of The Theme to A Summer Place. What a gift. A true, genuine gift!

Bells will be ringing and birds will be singing when lovers discover that There’s a Summer Place where it can rain or storm and I’ll be safe and warm…

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 (6:04 a.m.)

Mazatlan Harbor, MX

Mm, yes. A place where we can all be safe and warm. That sounds like anywhere with You. Thank You Lord for the gift of another song that takes me right to the foot of Your throne.

Beloved God, as I prepare to take a tour of this port city in honor of my husband’s birthday I thank You for the gift that he is. Thank You for the gift of our relationship, the gift of Your love that binds us all together. Blessed Lord, thank You for the very best gifts of all, the gifts of being loved by and being able to love You!

Friday, March 26, 2010 (6:43 a.m.)

En route to Port of Los Angeles, CA

Again I say, “What a gift!” Lord, You truly gifted me with the timing of this most recent trip. Thank You for the opportunity to rest and rejuvenate. Thank You for love and laughter. Thank You for Your gift of kindnesses and pleasure, found in the simplest of places.

Thank You for the intelligence and excitement of a four-year-old boy touring the coast of Los Cabos, MX with his grandparents. Thank You for a non-peopled pool in which to swim upon our return from said tour. Thank You for other big ships (Oosterdam, Mariner of the Sea) to see and marvel at.

Lord, all of this week has been such a gift. From the whales, dolphins, hammerhead shark, jelly fish and unknown fish shooting out of the water like popcorn to an occasional ‘drink of the day’, Lord I have been blessed by it all. We’ve had waters that were as calm and reflective as glass, followed by the rougher one of this morning, complete with white caps. Still I thank You Lord.

Thank You for the smiles and conversations of strangers. Thank You for the tugged laughter of entertainers. Thank You for the many times I’ve thanked You already for having brought Mom on a similar, shorter trip just three and a half months ago.

I guess maybe the biggest gift I currently have for which to thank You is the one of no regrets. You provided me the acceptance with which to fully embrace the first few months of this year truly caring about my mom. You allowed me to get passed the place of tolerance and tension to the point of pure joy and anticipation. Thank You Lord.

Thank You for the gift of love and the day she and I spent redefining our relationship in the light of Your Word and the description Paul left for us in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a.

I have in my hand the gift of Your Word. Your gift to plant, nurture and grow us. By far the greatest gift, for “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1) I don’t profess to even know the meaning behind these words Lord, but I do confess to standing on them.

Lord, I depend on Your Word to be true. I count on You and Your Word to take us through every single obstacle and trial. I find hope and rest when I turn these pages, seeking You, Your will and Your way.

This morning especially I am looking again at 2 Corinthians 9:7 and Colossians 2:6-7. You provide for our every need and I am truly grateful. Lord, how I thank You for the gift of each day and all that it may hold. How I ask right now that You would continue to ‘bless, keep and make Your face shine upon us, being gracious to us, showing us Your favor and giving us Your peace’ (Numbers 6:24-26).

You’re a gift I tell You! A gift. Pure and simple. What a gift! Such a blessing. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(871 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment