Wednesday, March 17, 2010

surely

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 (1:47 a.m.)

Mm, Lord,

Happy St. Patrick’s Day and all the Irishness that entails. It’s much too early (or far too late) for me to even try to make sense of my thoughts right now. So many of them are swirling around in my head.

Overall Lord, I still find myself thanking You. Thank You for people who love and care about one another. Thank You for the generosity of people on others’ behalves. Thank You for all the good so often shown in times of need.

Again You have blessed us Lord. With caring family and friends. You have provided our every need thus far and again I am trusting You with today. Thank You Lord.

As I lay and attempt to sleep, my mind randomly jumps from one thought to another. It’s amazing to me how many things can pop into mind, seemingly out of nowhere.

Two verses for me right now have to do with Mom. One is her “favorite” (because it only has two words). John 11:35 tells us specifically what is acceptable practice at the news of a loved ones death. “Jesus wept.” Imagine that. Your friend died and You were sad and cried. Thank You Lord. Thank You for leading us by Your example.

The other has to do with a homonym of my mom’s name. Psalm 23:6, “Surely goodness and mercy (love) will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Lord, thank You for having provided me with that verse when I most needed it sometime back. Thank You for it’s truth and the comfort that is found in it.

You are such a good and perfect God. I love You so very much. Thank You for taking such tender care of each of us. Thank You for loving us so much that You provided the way for us to live with You forever. What a gift Lord! What an incredible, amazing, wonderful gift. Just like the beauty of the past three days. Clear. Majestic. Incredible. Amazing. Wonderful.

Thank You Lord. So much. Perhaps a little sleep now? Please? I love You. Amen.

(367 words ~ 2:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment