Monday, March 8, 2010

washing

Sunday, March 7, 2010 (6:40 a.m.)

Mom’s Family Room

Good Beautiful Morning Lord,

What a gorgeous, clear looking view for the day. Fresh snow covers the mountains. Trees and grass are wonderfully clean after a new washing.

Hmm, washing. Not at all the word I was looking for. Thank You Lord! Thank You for never ceasing to surprise me.

Reading about husbands and wives was not at all what I expected this morning Lord. But, oh, what a reminder! Ephesians 5:25-26, “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word.”

Oh most Dear and Wonderful Lord. Oh to be made as holy and clean as that!

“And to present her to Himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any blemish, but holy and blameless.” (v.27) Mm, yes Lord ~ without stain or wrinkle or any blemish, holy and blameless. Mm, yes Lord, please!

“In this same way husbands ought to love their wives…” (v.28) What a profound example Lord. To love and be loved just as You do the church (29). This I ask today Lord, that You will work in and through me to respect my husband (v.33) as You desire.

I love You so much Dear Lord. Let that love show through by my treatment of others. I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(239 words ~ 7:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment