Tuesday, March 30, 2010

even this

Monday, March 29, 2010 (5:17 a.m.)

I’m up and grumbling that I’m not ready to be awake yet. That is not the way I want to come before You Lord. I love You too much. You deserve far better than this. Help me get to the point of genuine thanks and praise. I do love You. I do thank You. I do praise You. Make it real. Not just words. I’m asking for a little more rest and much more devotion to You, Your will, Your way and Your Word. Thank You Lord that I can come before You with even this.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 (4:31 a.m.)

Blessed Lord, this is the second day in a row of waking up precisely at 3:53 a.m. after having gone to bed at 11:00 p.m. I don’t know if You are wanting me to pay close attention to something in particular. I do, however, appreciate the Better is one day in Your courts Better is one day in Your house Better is one day in Your courts Than thousands elsewhere You’ve got going on inside me.

So very early again this morning. Just You and me. This is nice. I appreciate quiet, uninterrupted time with You. I give it away far to often in the form of checking ‘just this one thing’ on the internet. Forgive me Father.

Lord, this week marks the time of Your triumphant entry into Jerusalem on the back of a donkey, (beginning at Luke 19:28) coming in peace to the cheers of Your people. How sad, that just days later, these same people cried out for Your crucifixion. Lord, thank You that the story does not end on the note of Your death.

Thank You that three days later the cries were changed to the joy of Your having defeated death and risen from Your grave (Luke 24:12).

Lord, how I thank You for the hope that is found in You. “Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22) is the kind of fruit that is produced in us by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for providing us with every single thing we need to live even one day in Your house.

I read Your Word Dear Lord and I hope. I sing (or is it You singing to me?) the truth of Psalm 84:10 and I marvel at Your gentle care toward each of us.

Make me worthy of Your Truth Lord. Continue Your work in drawing me into becoming the woman of Yours for which You have designed me.

Better is one day in Your courts Better is one day in Your house Better is one day in Your courts Than thousands elsewhere. Just the thought of even this song brings untold beauty, hope and joy to my heart. Keep working in me I pray dear Lord.

I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(477 words ~ 5:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment