Friday, March 12, 2010

(smile :)

Friday, March 12, 2010 (6:37 a.m.)

J Mm, God,

Good morning. You make me smile. I wake up again singing that You alone are the matchless King but that description of You isn’t listed in any of my Bible translations. As I pull up the words to the song (O Worship the King) “ineffable” sticks out to me as well.

“Indescribable, inexpressible, beyond words, indefinable, unutterable, unimaginable, breathtaking, awesome, marvelous, wonderful, staggering, amazing.” All these work together in helping me consider the vastness of You and Your love for each of us. All that is left for me is to smile.

And smile I do. All the while reading in Job of his plight and his friends’ errant conclusions of his wrongdoing and guilt. Oh most Dear and Blessed Lord, so very often I get caught in that inexplicable trap between “Faith and Reason”. Reading an entry from the ‘Theology in Brief’ section of the Bible Handbook, I J as I consider how many times I follow the same reasoning as Job and his friends regarding Your seeming punishment.

Mm, Lord how blessed I am that even as I read these things that I don’t always understand, in the very back of my mind, ever so softly, I’m reminded again that You alone are the matchless King To You alone be all majesty Your glories and wonders, what tongue can recite You breathe in the air, You shine in the light

Lord, how I love You. How I thank You for providing us with examples that our understanding of what is ‘fair’ in our lives was actually lived by Job. Thank You that his love for You enabled him to bring the ‘big’ questions to You. “Does it please You to oppress me, to spurn the work of Your hands, while You smile on the schemes of the wicked?” (Job 10:3)

So often we get caught in what it is that we think, that we completely miss all that You are teaching and giving us in every single aspect of our lives. Lord, You are so good. So perfect. So matchless!

Oh most Holy God, how blessed I am to be able to read of Your love for all of us. I sit. I J and I thank You for yet another glimpse of Your grace and Your glory. Our understanding of who You are and why You would do what You do ‘to’ or for us is often faulty. Thank You for reminders, such as these found in Job’s suffering, that the God of our own making is clearly NOT the God You are.

Thank You Lord that truly You alone are the matchless King Thank You for Your willingness and ability to help each of us J

Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(466 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment