Tuesday, March 16, 2010

grow

Saturday, March 13, 2010 (7:19 a.m.)

Good Morning Blessed Lord,

Help me be and do and think and feel all the things You have for me Lord. I tend to miss cues and clues. You are awesome and I take that for granted. You offer peace and I choose chaos.

Too many years ago I whined the words, “But I don’t want to be the grown-up.” This morning Lord, I have repeatedly experienced Your call for me to grow. As well as hearing the words and the chorus to Let It Rise

Lord, I love You so much.

Monday, March 15, 2010 (7:42 a.m.)

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 (7:33 a.m.)

Most Good and Gracious God,

Thank You! So much has happened since I first started this, just those few days ago, before leaving to spend the day with my mom.

Lord, no words or thoughts can express how grateful I am to You for the ways in which You have blessed each of us these last couple of days. Scratch that… the ways in which You have blessed us all in the past, You continue blessing us now and will forevermore.

Lord, only You could have known that You would be taking Mom back to be with You on Sunday March14, 2010 at 15:15. Thank You God for every single thing You did to prepare us for her return to You.

What a blessing. Who (besides You) would have ever known that her family could come together in such a loving way to let her go as peacefully as possible? Thank You Lord for providing every sense of peace we have needed thus far.

What a gift You gave to me personally in the truth of Colossians 2:7, the verse I was reading just before I left here to go spend what turned out to be my last Saturday with Shirley. Thank You Lord.

Here I had been remembering my plaintive cry of “But I don’t want to be the grown-up” and You gave me the perfect counter to that bit of self-indulgence. “Let your roots grow down into Him (Christ) and draw nourishment from Him. See that you go on growing in the Lord, and become strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with joy and thanksgiving for all He has done.”

Again, YOU knew that I would be needing this truth just twenty-four hours later. While walking the parking lot of Arrowhead Regional Medical Center’s emergency room, my mind would immediately turn back to “But I don’t want…” Almost instantaneously Your Truth came to mind, reminding me that I needed to let my roots grow down into You. Thank You Lord. Thank You. Bless You. Praise You.

What a gift to be able to trust in You. Thank You for the opportunity to put faith into action as I held loved ones saying, “I don’t know what is going to happen. I don’t understand any of this. But I’m trusting God.” You have gifted us so perfectly.

As I sit here now, basking in the light of Your glory, my eyes drift up to verse six. “And now just as you trusted Christ to save you, trust Him, too, for each days problems; live in vital union with Him.”

Yes Lord. Bless us and keep us living in vital union with You! Thank You Lord. We love You so much. Amen.

(571 words ~ 8:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment