Sunday, March 28, 2010

headed home

Saturday, March 27, 2010 (6:21 a.m.)

Sapphire Princess Stateroom Baja 435

Just outside Los Angeles Harbor

Blessed Lord,

So here we are. Headed home. Oh that we would take all the precautions and preparations to go home to You as we do in going home to our earthly places.

Lord God, I love You so much. We’ve had a wonderful time. Even my ‘end of trip syndrome’ symptoms have been held to a low minimum, for which I thank You very much.

Going home. Headed home. Sitting. Waiting. Wondering. Planning. Hoping. Smiling. Hmm, Lord. Asking. I’m asking for Your guidance. Your direction. Your hand on our decisions. Our plans. Our commitments. Mm. Lord. Let me put a ‘Y’ in front of that word and make it YOUR plans. Your goals. Your desires for how we would spend the time, energy and health You have provided us.

Lord, I confess to feeling extremely uncomfortable when faced with the varying degrees of poverty we came across this trip. Turning away from it wasn’t an option. Neither was smiling in the face of it.

Blessed God, You have given me this heart that cares. It is soft. Sensitive. Make it useful Lord. I truly don’t know what You would have me do with all You have given me. As we are headed home thinking of all there is to take care of, Lord how I ask that You guide and direct our every move.

I love You. I trust You. I long to serve You in such a way that when I finally am home with You that I will be greeted with those wonderful words You have prepared for those with whom You are well pleased. “Well done my good and faithful servant.”

Use me Lord that I would be truly good and faithful. Serving You well. Show me. Guide me. Direct me. Instill in me all that I need to be truly good. Truly faithful.

I love You Lord. Thank You for this special time together as we are headed home.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(346 words ~ 6:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment