Monday, January 11, 2010

Power!

Monday, January 11, 2010 (6:20 a.m.)

Most Amazing God of Glory,

Thank You. Thank You that during all of the restlessness that made up my night, Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth kept singing in my mind. Of course I jumped to the conclusion that we would be talking here about the word ‘hallelujah’ - meaning ‘praise God’ - or even the song itself.

Nope. You keep reminding me not to continue trying to put You into a box of my own understanding. Yes, it’s taken over 40 minutes for me to recognize the “Power!” behind the singing of that song throughout the night.

I knew it was You Lord. Every time my mind would start to consider this thought or that concern Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earthjumped right in. Thank You Lord!

Reading in Revelation (17-19:6) of “what sounded like the shouting of a huge crowd, or like the waves of a hundred oceans crashing on the shore, or like the mighty rolling of thunder, ‘Praise the Lord. For the Lord our God, the Almighty reigns’” I realized I was seeking more.

A lesson in our Psalty (the Singing Songbook) Bible made reference to Psalm 47 where I found the words to Singalongathon that mentioned the word ‘maranatha’ which I looked up on the internet. All these years after having first come across the word (again because of Psalty the Singing Songbook) I discovered that it “is an Aramaic phrase occurring once only in the New Testament” (and only in a few translations at that!). “It is transliterated [using the closest corresponding letters of a different alphabet or language] into Greek letters rather than translated”. It is only found in 1 Corinthians 16:22 (in not many versions) and when translated means either “Our Lord, come!” “Our Lord has come” or “Come, O Lord”.

This of course started me singing Come, Lord Jesus, come. Which somehow tied into My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save. That led me to think of the Power! You have to save. The Power! You use to change hearts and minds, even in the middle of a somewhat sleepless night.

Dearest Lord God, how I thank You for Your Power! Please use it in me this day. I love You. Amen.

(375 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment