Friday, January 1, 2010

brand new

Friday, January 1, 2010 (7:45 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead Chalet #114

New. Happy. Not.

Blessed Lord, It’s a brand new year. A brand new decade! And oh Lord, how I am asking You for a brand new disposition!

(10:55 a.m.)

One brand new parade, one brand new to us homemade cinnamon roll recipe and one brand new potential skirmish later and I have another glorious glimpse of You Lord.

Happy? Not yet. New – absolutely!

Lord. THANK YOU for the way You work in our lives. No sooner had I asked for a brand disposition than I found three verses to give me hope in exactly that direction.

Mm. Yes. God of hope. Thank You! Thank You that I get to read of brand new things that You promised Isaiah (43:19 and 48:7) for Your people. Mm. Yes Lord. Thank You.

Thank You that I get to choose if I want to continue feeling glum on my own or turn to You and Your Word for help. Thank You that this morning I chose You!

Thank You that I get to confess to You an extremely emotional heart at the moment. Tears are at the ready. It’s nothing new. I’ve DEFINITELY felt this degree of sadness at the end of an old year/beginning of a new year before.

Again I confess to feeling a little afraid of the emotion Dear Lord. Part of my mind tells me I have far too much to be grateful for to feel anything but happy. The other part of me is encouraging me to relax, even embrace the sadness, because this too shall pass.

Lord, thank You that I get to keep coming back to You saying, “Thank You”. Whole-hearted, loving thank You.

Turning in my Life Recovery Bible (Colossians 3:10) and The Bible Handbook I get to be wonderfully reminded of “Christ, The Pattern for a Fulfilling Life” and “Principles to Live By”. Lord. Thank You for prompting me to turn to You! Thank You for Paul’s words (vs. 1-3) urging us to keep putting our focus on You.

Lord, I love You so much. You provide for us so very well. Whether I am feeling happy or sad. Regardless if my circumstances are brand new or profoundly old, YOU are constant! You never change. One year. One decade. One millennial. You remain the same. Thank You Lord. Happy New Year! I love You. Amen.

(401 words ~ 11:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment