Saturday, January 2, 2010

inviting

Saturday, January 2, 2010 (9:14 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead Chalets #114

Beloved Lord,

I have trouble finding the keys through my tears. Sitting. Reflecting. Emoting. Searching. Finding. Knowing. Feeling. Accepting. Wanting. Loving. Thanking.

Yes, Lord. Thank You for Your love for each of us. Thank You for inviting each of us into relationship with You, so that we would in turn invite You into our hearts. Our days. Our lives. Our thoughts. Our moments. Our praises. Our difficulties. And our pain.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for being able to wake up with thoughts of knowing my limitations can be overcome by inviting You into my places of inadequacy. There are so many areas of which I am powerless Lord. Oh but You Dear Lord are able! Thank You.

Thank You for, not only being able to meet our needs, but for being willing to, as well. Thank You that You are far greater than any disappointment or discouragement. Thank You that You created each of us in Your image that we would stand and point to You as THE One and Only God. Oh Dear Lord, thank You.

This morning I come to You confessing my powerlessness of meeting my own desires and self imposed expectations. I look to You, the God who can. Blessed beloved Lord, I am once again willing to let go of my own understandings. Lord, I confess to operating almost automatically on things that make sense to me. My own sense can so often be skewed by circumstances.

Thank You that again and again I get to return to the foot of Your cross, holding messes that I have made simply because they made sense to me.

Thank You God, that You are not thwarted nor put off by my own inability. Thank You that You are ALWAYS able! Able to do all that I cannot!

Lord, I love You so very much. I love digging into Your Word, finding messages of hope and recognizing myself over and over. See? Look. Here I am, mentioned right in the middle of Isaiah 35:8(TLB). “And a main road will go through that once-deserted land; it will be named ‘The Holy Highway.’ No evil-hearted men may walk upon it. God will walk there with you; (wait for it… here I come…) even the most stupid cannot miss the way.”

Thank You Lord! Thank You that even I can’t miss Your way!!!! Thank You for allowing me to wake up this morning inviting You into this day by singing Come, Lord Jesus, come In looking up and finding the words, I got to go again to Revelation 22 and read once more of Your promised river of life.

Back (Isaiah 35) and forth (Revelation 22) I read of ‘the renewed land which the redeemed of the Lord will inherit when God’s promises are fulfilled’ and of ‘a final vision of the new heavens and earth… [where] the redeemed will walk in this city of God, serving Him, seeing His face.’

Even in reading that, I find myself rushing off to find the words to Let the redeemed of the Lord say so… which takes me to Psalm 107:2 and reminds me that when the Lord has redeemed us, we are to speak out.

Oh most Holy God. Most Holy, Beloved, Lord God. Thank You! Thank You for loving, providing, saving, redeeming… Thank You for inviting us to invite You into our lives. Our days. Our moments. Our hearts. Our circumstances.

Your promise (Revelation 22:20) is “Yes, I am coming soon!” My inviting cry is (also Revelation 22:20) “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!”

Ah, yes. Come, Lord Jesus, come… I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.

(613 words ~ 10:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment