Tuesday, January 5, 2010

twelfth day

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 (6:20 a.m.)

Good Morning Dear Lord,

Depending on who’s counting and how it can be looked at today is the twelfth day of Christmas. Lord, in an attempt (feeble as it may have appeared to myself or others) to honor You these past twelve days, I thank You for prompting me to remain faithful to You, Your will and Your way for me.

On several of these days Lord, I have truly thought of reverting back to ‘cursing the darkness instead of lighting a candle’. Moaning and groaning comes so easily to me Lord. Thank You that You call us to a much higher plain than that! Thank You that thanking and praising is what You prefer from me.

Lord, I long to honor You. I want to live me life as a testimony to Your goodness and Your grace. It’s only through Your constant reminders to me that I remember where to look (to YOU!) for the courage and strength it takes to get through each obstacle that crosses my path.

Thank You Lord that I get to keep looking to You! Thank You that even this morning as I turn in Your Word to mentions of a twelfth day, I find three. All from the Old Testament: Numbers 7:78, Ezra 8:31 and Ezekiel 29:1. Each verse is coupled in my Life Recovery Bible with commentaries reminding me that all our hope, all our help comes from You.

Lord, how I thank You for keeping my eyes, my heart, my soul seeking You this holiday season. As we prepare to enter into “Ordinary Time”, prior to the coming of Lent (Ash Wednesday, February 17) let me not slip back into thinking that there is ANY thing ‘ordinary’ about You.

I confess to You Dear Lord, how very often and easily I fall back into old behaviors. Keep my focus on You oh Lord! Your will, Your way, Your might, Your good, all the things I need to live my life as You would have me. I love You Lord. Thank You for this particular twelfth day of Christmas, the culmination of many truths learned about You, as well as myself. I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(372 words ~ 7:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment