Friday, January 29, 2010

miss out

Friday, January 29, 2010 (5:59 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

I didn’t want to miss it again. Time alone with You. Watching the sky change colors in the early morning hour. Mm. God, thank You for such a wonderful day yesterday. Oh! And look at such beauty already this morning!

Oh. Most dear and glorious Lord, how I thank You for such beauty. Such glory. Such love. Yes Lord. Your love, poured out upon each of us, over and over again. Your love. A gift, beyond measure.

Lord God, I sit here feeling content. Blessed. Knowing You have Your hand on our lives. I confess to You Dearest God of the days I feel lost. Uncertain. Thank You for Your gifts of the past few days that have allowed me the awe and reverence for You that You so rightly deserve.

Mm. Lord. I missed out on this time here with You yesterday. I did it on purpose. At the request of our seventeen year old, I awaited the delivery of two soft scrambled eggs and a sliced orange. A hypothetical order I placed if, "say for instance, a favorite godson wanted to make breakfast for his favorite Nina".

Because of our own miscommunications, I almost missed out on time with him as well! Lord. Thank You that You brought him back, after having gotten partially down the street, so that I could enjoy his company, as well as his offering.

Lord. It truly is in the little things that I feel so loved. People remembering and celebrating the day I was born. Notes. Phone calls. Cards. Gifts. Oh Dearest Lord, where do I start at thanking You for the outpouring of Your love through others?

“A Call to Listen to God” is emboldened right above Hebrews 12:14. Mm. Lord. Mm, that I would not only listen to You, but obey You as well.

“Try to stay out of all quarrels, and seek to live a clean and holy life, for one who is not holy will not see the Lord. Look after each other so that not one of you will miss out on God’s best blessings. Watch out that no bitterness takes root among you, for as it springs up it causes deep trouble in their spiritual lives.” (Hebrews 12:14-15)

As I continue looking through Your Word Dearest Lord, love is the overwhelming theme. (1Corithians 13:13, “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”) It’s what lasts. It’s Your greatest gift to us, through Your only begotten Son (John 3:16).

If last year was my time to practice “keeping it so simple”, could this year be dedicated to me learning to love as You would have me love? I love You so much already Lord. Help me do it better!

I love You. Thank You! Amen.

(475 words ~ 7:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment