Monday, January 4, 2010

heartened

Monday, January 4, 2010 (6:39 a.m.)

Awesome, Amazing, Wonderful, Incredible God,

Lord, thank You! I may be feeling dispirited because of circumstances that just don’t seem to be changing for the better, but I don’t have to stay there.

I know You are able to work ALL things together for good (Romans 8:28). Take right now for instance. I initially came before You to whine about some hurt feelings. I was also seeking some direction from You. The next thing I know I am turning in Your most Holy Book to read parts of Paul’s letter to the Romans and I’m smiling. Feeling heartened.

It’s You Lord. Your grace, Your love, Your offer of salvation. These are the things on which I am to focus.

It’s very easy for me to let my mind slip gears back to plotting evil and seeking revenge, to fight hurt feelings with more hurt feelings. Thank You that the life You offer us in You is far better than our natural bent toward things. Where my first inclination is to withdraw, becoming sullen and angry, You encourage loving forgiveness.

Thank You that even though these are not my automatic first choices to hurtful situations, I know they are Your best for me. What is truly wonderful here Lord, is that I know these are not things I can offer in and of myself. I must draw closer to You, the source of all things good, asking that You would share Your love and forgiveness with me that I may then in turn offer it to another.

So here I am Lord. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7). I am currently incapable of continuing to serve with a clear mind and open heart. The lines to what are and what are not my responsibilities have become fuzzy. I come to You seeking direction.

You are who I long to follow. Your path is where I want to tread. I love You Lord. I look to You. Asking, seeking, knocking that You would clearly show me the very next step I am to take.

Thank You Lord for heartening my soul. You encourage, uplift, inspirit, raise, boost and cheer us on to Your glory. Do for and in me all that I cannot do for myself Lord. Change my attitude every single time it heads off toward negativity. I love You too much to play around with such toxicity.

Thank You Father that I get to love You so much. Keep working in me I pray. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(423 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment