Monday, January 18, 2010

the view

Sunday, January 17, 2010 (6:44 a.m.)

Mom’s Kitchen Sink Window

Most Amazing God and Father,

How have I missed it Lord? All these years... Oh I know! I was never really looking for or at it.

The view my mom has from her east facing windows is beyond incredible! I actually lean into them trying to see more. Lord, is this what others’ description of heaven is about? Never wanting to look away. In the very blink of an eye, bright vivid colors fade to shades of gray. I can’t possibly take it all in. Yet I try!

My eyes scour to the south, then to the north. And back, even further south. Cars drive passed. Birds fly by. And I am just lost in the grandeur of it all.

I assume the early morning walkers are out for their morning exercise. I look. I see. But how much do I know?

Most Holy God, thank You for moments such as this.

Monday, January 18, 2010 (7:13 a.m.)

Mm. Most Holy Father, this morning the view is from my own living room. There’s rain and clutter and thoughts that reflect rain and clutter. But beyond that Lord, there’s You! Your love. Your strength. Your power. Your faithfulness.

Mm, Lord. How I thank You for Your faithfulness. Reading already this morning in the book of Nehemiah, I learn that Ezra stood in full view of “all the people” (8:5) when he read to them the scroll of Moses’ laws. Not only was there public reading of Your Word, but public teaching as well. And with that, three verses later (v. 8) we are told, “They read from the Book of the Law of God, making it clear and giving the meaning so that the people could understand what was being read.”

Oh to understand Lord! Your Word. Your joy. Two verses further (v. 10) “… for the joy of the Lord is your strength!” Reading a devotional pertaining to these verses reminds us, "This joy comes from recognizing, even celebrating, God’s ability to bring us out of bondage and to care for us as we pass through the sadness toward a new way of life."

Wow Lord! What a view! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(373 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment