Wednesday, January 13, 2010

the REAL thing

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 (6:29 a.m.)

Mm. My Lord, my Father,

Mm. Thank You Lord. Thank You for a heart filled with You this morning. Peaceful. Loving. Irritated? No. Oh yeah. That can be me.

Lord, it’s when I remember to look to You, look around at all You have provided and not at the potential irritants, that my heart returns to peaceful. Calm. Content. Thank You Lord, that You are so perfect.

(8:07 a.m.)

Mm. Again. Look to You. Put my focus on what is real and not on what I would have situations be. Mm. But the truth is I want different. I want better. I want truth. I want real. Real relationships. Based on Your love.

Lord. There is a lot of strain and force and pretense involved in this family and I don’t know how much of it I caused or am responsible for. I’ve made so many mistakes Lord and I look around and see the results and I feel ashamed. My choices have affected others to their cores and I don’t know what to do Lord. I truly need You to tell me what to do.

I realize that I can’t go back and change any of my decisions from the past and I confess not knowing how to proceed. Show me Lord. How do I set good examples? How do I draw healthy boundaries and enforce them? Keep working in me Lord.

Keep drawing me to You, to what is REAL. The REAL thing Lord. You. Your love. Your Word. Your will. Your way. Fill me. Guide me. Confront and change me. I love You and all these things I ask in Your Son’s most Holy name. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(288 words ~ 8:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment