Saturday, January 16, 2010

all our hope

Friday, January 15, 2010 (5:17 a.m.)

♫Jesus, Messiah

♫Name above all names. Blessed Redeemer. Emmanuel♫ Most Blessed Lord, how I thank You for all You are. So often I get caught up in thoughts of all You do. Especially all the things You do for me.

Just to wake up singing ♫All my hope is in You♫ is such a gift Lord. Another gift of grace ~ Your grace. And I am so grateful.

Most amazing God and Father, thank You for Your tender care. Psalm 25:5

Saturday, January 16, 2010 (5:54 a.m.)

Mm. Lord. Here I am. Once again practicing discipline. I confess to being here in body, but not so much in spirit or even mindfulness.

My thoughts are scattered. I seem easily distracted.

Oh, but You are indeed an awesome God!

Blessed Lord, thank You! Thank You that in all of the things there were to do yesterday and even more today, here You are. In waking up singing to You yesterday morning of the hope that’s in You, I sang it as ‘my’. Sometime later I realized it is written as ‘our’. ♫All OUR hope is in You♫

Yes Lord. All OUR hope is in You! Looking up these words instead, I find myself directed to Paul’s first letter to Timothy (4:10). Here the apostle reminded the young pastor “for our hope is in the living God who died for all”.

Just a few verses earlier (7,8) Paul encouraged his close friend, “Don’t waste time arguing over ideas and silly myths and legends. Spend your time and energy in the exercise of keeping spiritually fit. Bodily exercise is all right, but spiritual exercise is much more important and is a tonic for all you do. So exercise yourself spiritually, and practice being a better Christian because that will help you not only now in this life, but in the next life too.”

Mm. Most Holy God. Being reminded that all OUR hope is in You enables me to turn again to Psalm 25:5 asking You wholeheartedly to, “Lead me; teach me for You are the God who gives me salvation. I have no hope except in You.”

Mm. Most Blessed Lord. How I thank You for the love You have for each and every one of us. Thank You for infusing us that we would truly live. In faith. In hope. In love. (1Corinthians 13:13) In You!

Thank You Lord! Thank You for changing my attitude; my heart, my soul, my mind, my strength (Mark 12:30). Thank You for calling me to learn to trust You in all things.

I love You so much Dear Lord. In Your Son’s most Holy name I pray. Amen.

(449 words ~ 6:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment