Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lord, You are...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 (4:22 a.m.)

Blessed. Beloved. Glorious. Awesome. Wonderful. Mighty. Almighty. Most Holy God,

See? Now THAT’S the way I like to wake up in the morning! Thinking of all the things You are. Mm. Yes. Lord, You are…

… more precious than silver. Lord, You are more costly than gold. Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds, and nothing I desire compares with You. (Proverbs 3:14,15)

Mm. Most Amazing God. Thank You! Thank You for the tiny little ways You remind me that You are here. That You are near. That You want the very best for me.

Take yesterday morning. After days of searching for a small, key piece to our coffee maker. With no more ideas of where to look, and no longer even thinking about it, there in the dark (and my bare feet) I stood praising You, for the lost was indeed found.

Thank You God. It’s moments like those that I am keenly aware of Your message to Zerubbabel, “‘Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty’” (Zechariah 4:6).

Lord, I confess. I forget to come to You with most things. Far too often I still try desperately to figure problems out on my own. You’ve been so good to me already. How can I possibly keep coming back to You asking for more? Oh but then again. How can I not!

Lord, I love You so much. The opportunity to read Proverbs 3 in The Message just now is wonderful. Eugene Peterson aptly titles the first twelve verses, “Don’t Assume You Know It All”. Mm. Lord. Thank You for Your reminders. Thank You for calling me to You.

Work in me today. Build up Your wisdom and common sense (v. 21) that I will “never tire of loyalty and kindness” (v.3). Lord, I ask that I will “hold these virtues tightly. Write them within [my] heart.”

Oh You are good Lord! Thank You so much. I love You. Amen.

(334 words ~ 5:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment