Tuesday, January 19, 2010

FOREVER!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 (5:10 a.m.)

Our Father,

Which art in heaven Hallowed be Thy name Thy kingdom come Thy will be done On earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil For Thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory Forever Amen

Forever Lord. It’s still the concept that is beyond my reach. Eternity. Always. Without end. I remember as a kid being somewhat afraid of the idea. Now as an adult I know to “Fear not” and “Do not be afraid”. So instead I wonder. And these days I like it that I bring the bulk of my wonders directly to You.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that even as I sit here trying to get a clue about forever, song after song sing out to me. You have called, I have come to the House of the Holy One You are God, I will run into You

Who needs more hope than what You offer? Thank You Lord that I get to have such easy access to the words of songs that sing themselves to me. Thank You that so often in church that I am overwhelmed by the Truth they represent that I can only nod my head in agreement as I brush and blot away the tears.

I will love You for the Cross And I will love You for the cost Man of suffering, Bringer of my peace You came into a world of shame And paid a price we could not pay Death that brought me into life Blood that brought me home

Oh most Holy God I once was fatherless, a stranger with no hope; Your kindness wakened me, Awakened me, from my sleep Your love it beckons deeply, a call to come and die. By grace now I will come And take this life, take Your life.

Most Dear and Holy Righteous God, how I thank You for loving me with a love that knows no bounds. A love that is forever! Mm. All of a sudden that word holds a lot of comfort and hope. There is a wonderful peace that comes with the thought of being loved by You forever.

Forty-five years ago when I first tried to understand the idea of just going on and on with You forever, I could never understand the point or purpose. My unexpressed… Oh Your goodness Lord! I have NEVER talked about this with You before!

Over forty-five years spent wondering, off and on, what I am going to have to DO forever. Forever. Never ending. Like some cruel personal repeat of the movie Groundhog’s Day, over and over.

Getting to know You better had never really changed the concept for me. Each time I thought of eternity with You, I was still wondering about the doing aspect. Thank You Lord for this very first time of having the concern shattered! Right here before my very eyes. The mere mention of being loved by You forever makes all my doubts and wonders cease to matter! I get to just sit here with coffee in hand, contemplating such love!

And I will love You for the cross, I’m overwhelmed by the mystery, I love You for the cross That Jesus You would do this for me. When You were broken, You were beaten, You were punished I go free, When You were wounded and rejected, In Your mercy, I am healed. Jesus Christ the sinner’s friend Does this kindness know no bounds? With Your precious blood You have purchased me O, the mystery of the cross You were punished, You were crushed But that punishment has become my peace Yes, that punishment has become my peace.

Oh yes Lord! Your punishment HAS become my peace. And it will take me FOREVER to thank You for Your love and this peace. Thank You Lord. Thank You for this opportunity to finally speak to You about such a huge concern I have carried all these years. Another glimpse of grace with You Dear Lord! Forever. Not nearly the scary concept I had made it out to be. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(717 words ~ 6:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment