Saturday, January 9, 2010

the Maker

Friday, January 8, 2010 (5:34 a.m.)

Mm. Good morning Lord,

I love You. I’m grateful. I wonder. I ponder. I hope. And in the midst of all that, sometimes (often?) I still fear.

Lord, thank You that in Your Word You tell us repeatedly to “Fear not”, “Do not be afraid”, “Be strong and of good courage.” Thank You that in all of these messages it comes back to You. And You being in charge. You having said or done something on which we can build with Your tools of faith and hope and love.

Mm. Yes Lord. You are the Master, the Maker of heaven and earth (Psalm 115:15, 121:2, 124:8, 134:3, 146:6). Lord, how I love when the focus turns from me and all the things I am not to You and all the things You are!

What a blessing. What a joy. What an opportunity to turn to You and Your Word to find more about You!

Halleluiah to the Lord of heaven and earth…

Saturday, January 9, 2010 (5:17 a.m.)

You allowed me a full day of self-indulgence yesterday Lord. I knew I could come back here with You when I got done with all the driving around through various counties. And I chose not to.

Forgive me for thinking that I didn’t want to ‘tempt fate’ when it came to turning the computer back on after so many hours of being away from it. Lord, it seems so silly now to think that You wouldn’t have been able to keep me focused with just finishing up our time together and not running all over the creation of the internet.

Oh Dearest Lord. Man-made creation does not hold one single candle to all You have made. Yesterday, for I don’t know how many days running, the glory of Your making was again evident in our surroundings. Clear, practically crystal clear blue skies against the sharp vibrancies of the mountain ranges had me gasping at Your creation once more.

Still, I didn’t trust myself not to get lost for the night by simply turning on the computer. When will I learn Lord that it’s not me I have to trust, but You?

Thank You Lord that You are so trustworthy. Thank You too for Your patience with such as me.

Turning again this morning to Jeremiah (33:2,3) I get to read once more of Your personal touch to one who loved and was faithful to You. “The Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth – Jehovah is His name – says this: Ask me and I will tell you some remarkable secrets about what is going to happen here.”

Again I confess oh Lord, that so often I still don’t ask You. And again it’s because of fear. Fear that You won’t answer. Fear that I won’t like what I hear. Keep working in me I pray Oh Lord. You, the Maker of heaven and earth!

Halleluiah to the Lord of heaven and earth…

I love You Lord. Thank You for all You are doing in and for us. Be with me this day I pray. Amen.

(516 words ~ 6:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment