Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Proverbs 22:17-19

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 (5:28 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

More than twenty minutes and many smiles have been spent just now searching Your Word. I woke up thinking of one direction and got out here and it just didn’t seem ‘right’.

Thank You Lord that Your plans are so much better than mine. In fact, Jeremiah 29:11 was one of the verses I thought of first thing upon awakening. I read all of Proverbs 27 and had several verses ring out to me. But it’s Proverbs 22:17-19 that again causes me to pause and dig even deeper.

Most Holy and Loving God, How I thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your Word. Thank You for Your faithful followers throughout the years who have helped me be able to sit here in the warmth and comfort of this home learning more about what You have for me to know.

Proverbs 22:17-19 (TLB) “Listen to this wise advice; follow it closely, for it will do you good, and you can pass it on to others: Trust in the Lord.”

Mm. Lord. Trust in You. Yes. Lord. Trust in You. With all my heart. And lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways acknowledge You. And You will direct my path

The contributors to The Life Recovery Bible (1992) said this in their Recovery Commentary Notes for these verses, “Here Solomon repeated one of his favorite themes in Proverbs: it is wise to put our trust in God. He alone is the source of perfect love and truth. It is only by surrendering to Him that we can experience true love and discover how our life should be lived.”

Hmm. And all these years I’ve tried working harder and faster to get the job done. Surrender to You. Hmm. “Trust in the Lord.” Yes Lord. I’d like to work on that instead. Thank You, Lord. I love You. Amen.

(316 words ~ 6:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment