Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day of Epiphany

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 (6:04 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Speak to me this day. Guide me. Direct. Teach. The Day of Epiphany, Lord. What would You have that mean to me?

Here I am. One who draws the Christmas season out to include the twelve full days after. I look to You. Confused. What would You have me learn? What do You want me to know? And then, how do I put it all into practice?

I love You Lord.

(7:20 a.m.)

Searching. Seeking. Reading. Wondering. Reflecting. Thinking. Gasping. And finally, thanking, worshiping, adoring and especially AWE-ing, if that were even a word.

Another glimpse of glory! Your glory, Your goodness, Your gift to the world. Lord, momentary glimpses of the sun’s rising light reflecting off the majesty of Your mountains honestly took my breath away.

Lord, there is much written about the traditions of the Day of Epiphany. Many ways people celebrate.

(9:36 a.m.)

And I get to celebrate as I start here yet again. Thank You Lord for the ways in which we’ve already been able to celebrate this Day of Epiphany. So many definitions and traditions. The simplest I found, “a Christian holiday on January 6 celebrating the visit of the Magi to the infant Jesus.”

Reading Matthew’s telling of the event in chapter 2, verses 1-12 allows me to ponder their dedication. Their journey to find You.

Most Holy God, thank You for the freedom the birth of Your Son brought to those willing to believe His deity. Thank You for the gifts brought to honor Him. Thank You for the Gift He gave to each of us through Your perfect plan for our salvation.

Reading this passage of Scripture in our Psalty Bible has an accompanying song that is brand new to me. I’m Gonna Wrap Up Myself for Christmas has the descriptive announcement attached that says, “The best gift you can give to Jesus is the gift of yourself.”

Lord, we have practiced that this morning in being loving, honest and careful with our choice of words around here. Many heartfelt hugs, with promises to enjoy and declare Your majesty have already abounded.

Lord God, thank You for such a beautiful and glorious day as this to reflect upon all that makes up the gift of You.

I love You so much and ask that You would continue making me into the woman You would have me be. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(405 words ~ 9:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment