Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mighty Fortress

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 (5:39 a.m.)

Mighty Fortress,

Hmm. What a glorious thought is that! You Lord, “my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is (You are!) my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold” (Psalm 18:2).

Thank You Lord! Everyday it is becoming more natural to turn to You. In the past I was much more ready to turn to my own good (?) common sense, or the court of public opinion.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 (4:15 a.m.)

Whoa! Lord! Look at what happened there! I got sidetracked. Didn’t even finish the touting of how much You have changed my life. And the very next thing we knew, I was taken out by a three year old!

Thank You Lord! Thank You that it was just about an hour ago that I woke up with a tiny bit of realization about what took place yesterday.

You and I had started out so strong together! A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark (defense) never failing It was all going so well.

Ah. And then I switched over to thinking I could play ‘catch-up’ with You as soon as I got the high-schooler off to school. That was a really bad decision Lord!

Not twenty minutes before was I singing Your praises Our helper He amid the flood Of mortal ills prevailing only to be caught off guard.

My plans were interrupted. I took things personally. And for the first time in I don’t even remember how long, I binge ate over the frustration of it all.

So much for it’s “becoming more natural to turn to You”! Lord, I confess to full on turning to my own common sense (definitely NOT good!). I feel embarrassed to tell You how easy it was to take this time with You yesterday so casually. The thought was absolutely “Lord, let me go take care of this one ‘important’ thing and I’ll be right back.” What a really NOT good decision! Lord, You deserve so much more from me.

For still our ancient foe Doth seek to work us woe – His craft and pow’r are great, And armed with cruel hate, On earth is not his equal My self esteem took such a hit yesterday Lord. I clearly did NOT see what was happening. In no time at all I had gone from knowing I am fully protected by You, to once again trying to solve situations in my own strength and power. And let us not of course forget the eating debacle.

Forgive me Lord! I know better! It was all so subtle. I didn’t even recognize what was happening. Thank You that I don’t have to stay in past (really bad) behaviors. Thank You that You ARE “our refuge and our strength, a tested help in times of trouble” (Psalm 46:1). Forgive me for once again taking You and Your help for granted.

I love You so much Lord. Continue Your life changing work in each of us Dearest Lord. Your love IS so amazing! Let me not slip back into the negative patterns of my past. “Lord, how I love You! For You have done such tremendous things for me.” (Psalm 18:1) You! Our Mighty Fortress. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(555 words ~ 5:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment