Tuesday, December 1, 2009

preparing

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 (5:51 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Dear, Blessed, Incredible, Awesome, Wonderful Lord. Thank You for another day of getting to know You just a little better. Thank You for all You do in preparing us to love, learn, know and want You all the more.

Lord, this is the day (that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad) that we plan to use for preparing our house for Christmas. Right above those same lines Lord, I’m asking that You would prepare our hearts for You!

There is nothing more important than You Lord. Left to my own devices I stand the very good chance of wrapping, addressing, decorating and baking You and Your perfect gift to us right out of this whole joyous season.

Just last year our intimate family of origin made a mess of Your design. We took what was meant to bring love and peace and joy and turned it into a time of unforgiving and taking things personally.

As the leaders of this household Lord, Terry and I want to do it better this year. We want You first and foremost at the top of every list. "Praise Jesus – check! Now let’s hang those lights…" J

I mean no disregard here Lord. Through the years we have allowed You to get lost in our shuffle. We (make that, I) have taken such care in packing our holiday treasures away year after year thinking that somehow their safety would insure our love for one another.

Lord, how I ask that You would save us from the insanity of our own making. Before we even begin, remind us of what really matters. You! You matter. Your love, for each and every one of us, matters. Your great love, given so freely as the ultimate example of what love truly is, matters. Help me remember that Lord. Especially at this specific time of year!

Mm. Lord. Once again You bring me hope! Just over an hour spent seeking and finding scriptures (e.g. John 1:1) to share with Terry showing the duality of You being both fully God and fully human. What a glorious way of preparing for this blessed season! Thank You Lord.

Thank You also for the preparing You have done through the eons. From the beginning (Genesis 1:1) You knew what was coming next. You have always been aware of our flawed humanity thus setting in motion Your plan for our redemption. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that as I have turned in Your Word this morning I have again gotten to see evidences Of Your grace, Your glory. 2Timothy 3:16-17, “All Scripture (The whole Bible) is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. It is God’s way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do.” WOW! Thank You Lord!

But wait! There’s more! Malachi (4:5-6) told of another prophet, like Elijah who would come and “His preaching will bring fathers and children together again, to be of one mind and heart…” Then comes Your angel to Zacharias (Luke 1: 5-19) telling of the son he was to have. Verse 17, “He will be a man with the spirit and power of Elijah, the prophet of old. He will precede the coming of the Lord, preparing the people of His arrival. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and he will change disobedient minds to accept godly wisdom.”

Oh Most Blessed Lord and Father God, how I ask that as You set about preparing our hearts this holiday season You would work in each of us that we will ultimately become the lovers of Yours that You created us to be.

Prepare me Lord. Work long and hard within me that I would truly become all You want of me. I love You so very much. Now… let’s go hang those lights shall we? J

I love You, Lord! Amen.

(692 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment