Monday, November 30, 2009

avoiding

Monday, November 30, 2009 (8:21 a.m.)

Beloved Lord,

Am I avoiding You this morning? Four hours ago I thought about meeting with You, but my eyes weren’t fully open. Two hours later, my eyes were open but my thoughts continued elsewhere. Now, I’m here ~ but am I really?

Lord, I love You. Consciously, purposefully I turn to You asking, what would You have of me today Dear Lord? Without distraction, putting You first, where shall we go together?

My husband’s continuous humming of Octopus’ Garden draws my mind to images of being under the sea, in the shade, let in… by You!

I realize it’s a stretch. But Lord, how easy is it that I speak to other’s about music, books, television and movies. It’s only when I come to those that don’t know You that I hesitate inviting them to come and see, An Omnipotent’s Garden with me

Lord, You know I mean no disrespect! I read words about being warm below the storm resting our head(s) on the sea bed, singing and dancing around because we can’t be found, shouting and swimming about the coral that lies beneath the waves, experiencing the joy for every girl and boy Knowing they’re happy and they’re safe

Most Holy God, what a freeing opportunity to know (beyond a shadow of doubt) that we are safe with You! I can’t even begin to express the hope that seeps into my very being as I read Paul’s encouraging words in his first letter to Timothy.

As he drew this letter to a close, he urged his dear friend (6:20-21a The Message) to, “guard the treasure you were given! Guard it with your life. Avoid(ing) the talk-show religion and the practiced confusion of the so-called experts. People caught up in a lot of talking can miss the whole point of faith.”

Oh my Dearest Lord, I read these verses in four different interpretations and each one entices me further. The New International Version says, “Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith.”

The Living Bible puts verse 21 very simply, “Some of these people have missed the most important thing in life – they don’t know God. May God’s mercy be upon you. Sincerely, Paul.”

Beloved Lord, if I should have to go about avoiding things, let it never be You. I love You SO much! Thank You for loving me first. Amen.

(431 words ~ 9:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment